Thursday, December 22, 2011

Bon Bon with No Bake cookies

Hello All,

As I mentioned yesterday, from today onwards I will be sharing some simple decorations and crafts for the season.




Jovita Serrao of Creativita sent a call a few days back asking for carfters to take part in her Christmas Program. Her call brought back all the fond memories of Christmas that we used celebrate in school and I immediately decided to take part in it. I studied in Timpany Senior School , a school associated with the Catholic Baptist Missionary. We used to have a month long celebration in school.Though I never celebrated this festival at home I always get excited and start making ornaments and other decorations and dress up my fern plants at home, as a Christmas Tree.

My entry for this program is a Bon Bon with No Bake cookies. Bon Bon is a simple toffee shaped gift hung on the Christmas Tree which kids pick up to find a surprise inside.

This is my Bon Bon.
A closer look at the tag. I just added the peel off stickers from Pie Lane


I choose an easy to make recipe from Allrecipes.com .

Here is the recipe:

Ingredients

  • 1 3/4 cups white sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 1/2 cup crunchy peanut butter
  • 3 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions


1.Combine sugar , milk,butter and cocoa in a thick bottomed vessel. See to it that there are no lumps.

2. Bring this mixture to boil with constant stirring and cook for 2 mins.

3. Remove from heat and add the peanut butter , oats and vanilla.

4. Drop this mixture on butter paper with a laddle and let it cool.

5. Once the cookies dry up they become hard.





PS:. The key for this is boiling the mixture only. If you do not boil it enough it will be soft and chewy if it boils too much it will be flaky so see to it that you put it out of heat once the whole mixture starts bubbling.

Hope you enjoy this simple recipe with all your loved ones this Christmas, I will be sending them to all the kids in my apartment.

Sending this as an entry to CraftyJC Holiday Favors Challenge

-Swathi

2 comments:

  1. Super cute...thank you so much for the recipe!! will surely give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun way to wrap up your goodies! Thanks for joining in at CJC!

    ReplyDelete