Friday, December 23, 2011

Salt Dough Ornaments


Hello All,

Today I am going to share another easy Christmas Ornament with you all. a Star made with Salt Dough.

Salt Dough or Play dough is a simple medium that can be cooked up easily with the ingredients available in your kitchen.




Here are the simple stars that I made.


You can just add a ribbon as a tag to hang them on your tree.




Following is the recipe that I used:

1 cup Maida
a pinch of salt
warm water

mix Salt and maida evenly . Add warm water and roll into a smooth dough.

Pinch a small ball of the dough and shape it as per your wish. You can even roll it with a rolling pin and use a cookie cutter to cut your favorite shape.

I left these to dry in the sun.


You may choose to bake them also.

Once completely dry colour them using acrylic colours . I spray painted my ornaments as its super quick and the finish is also super lustrous.

Do make sure to try this simple technique if your are looking for some last minute decorations.

Wishing you a Very Merry Chirstmas.

Swathi


0 comments:

Post a Comment