Thursday, December 29, 2011

Home Sweet Home !!

Hello All,


I am spending another phase of sleepless nights. The prevailing cyclonic weather makes Vizag a very chilly place and my kiddo developed severe cold and cough and is finding it difficult to sleep. To top it all my husband had met with an accident yesterday and is on a week long bed rest. Well life is never smooth and for me its a bit more weird or is that I think too much about it ... Anyways sorry for bugging you with all that.... just need to vent out. Let me quickly share a piece of craft I made two days back.


Here it is .... a wall hanging made with a Formula Tin lid.I was inspired by a quote I saw on pintrest which goes like this. "Its not the place that like but the life that I live in it".




I made two pieces that look exactly same, one for my own home and the other for my parents' as they have recently renovated their house.


Some more shots of the piece,I am unable to get better pictures because of the weather ,tweaked a little in Picasa for better quality.












I covered the lid with patterned paper. The flowers are handmade and the felt Alphabets are from ItsyBitsy, the buttons and the butterfly are from my stash.


Sending it to the following challenges


Crafty-JC : Holiday Favours
For the love of Crafting : Anything but Card
Top Tip Tuesday :Anything goes 
Wee Memories : Anything Goes




Also linking at 












Hope you like this.Do leave your valuable feedback


-Swathi

12 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear that you a going through difficult times and hope you all return to good health soon. Love your project , with it's lovely colours and textures and it's great design.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope things get better soon. Your wall hanging is pretty and has a lovely feel with all the textures. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. all are get well soon...nice idea of upcycling....superb...

    Prasanthi
    http://creativecrafts-arts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW very vibrant, thanks for joining us this time at Top Tip Tuesday, Happy New Year! Hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Completely creative craft idea! Love that you made for the parents too. :)
    Here's hoping 2012 is much better for you. :)


    Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Also, if you have a TIP you’d like to share you'll be eligible for the TOP TIPPER PRIZE as well. Check out the details when linking.
    Lisa xx
    Come by and visit us next week. We'd love to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous wall hanging :)
    I do hope your hubby is better soon and your little one's cold is better :(

    Thanks for joining us this week over at Top Tip Tuesday for our 'Anything Goes' Challenge. Don't forget if you have a Top Tip to share with us you could also win the Top Tippers Prize!

    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful creation!
    Thanks so much for playing at Wee Memories.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to recycle!! Thanks for joining in at CJC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this!! And hoping you can link it up at my turquoise lovin' party! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2012/01/turquoise-lovin-19.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so sweet.
    Thanks for joining us at For the love of crafting challenge#2.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so beautiful.. I love the colors and the flowers..
    Thanks for sharing..
    Love
    Hani

    ReplyDelete